River of Music 365

365 days, 365 songs.

Monday, May 19, 2008

15/365 Elton John

This song reminds me of summer when my main mode of transportation was my bike. We rode up to 31 Flavors at dusk to get bubble gum ice cream, riding back home with our bike lights and reflectors (no helmets). We rode the hills of Glenview which are now finely manicured subdivisions. We rode up to Techny to visit the farm , pick apples from the orchard and become close to God in the grotto.


Philadelphia Freedom

3 comments:

cathyj said...

Read it this morning when I should have been getting the kids ready for school...
Awesome & I can't wait for more. I will always appreciate your love for music - I have since I was a little girl listening to your Greatful Dead albums in the basement.
J

Otter said...

Oh, Jane that's so cool, but weren't some of them your dads?. Also I'm wondering how it is you got old enough to have school aged kids?

Cathy your memories of bike riding to 31 are my own, except set in Edgebrook instead of Glenview.

Which reminds me of when you taught me to mouth "Glenview" to boys so they'd think I was saying "I love you." LOL

cathyj said...

I totally don't remember doing that. LOL